- Excellant Review by Susan
- I have been making my own chai mix for a year & this is sooo much easier. I do add cloves to the mix since that is the only flavor missing for my palate. Easy to adjust/add your own spin on the final product. (Posted on 8/1/16)
- My All Time FAVORITE Tea! Review by Peggy
- Coconut Chai is everything you could possibly wish for in a Chai tea. It's warm and inviting, with luxurious coconut flavor that elevates a cup of tea into an experience! (Posted on 1/15/16)
Write Your Own Review
Tea preparation is a matter of personal choice and preference, but here some guidelines to get you started.
- Black Tea can be brewed in truly boiling water, usually steeped for 3-5 minutes.
- Green Tea should be brewed with water between 160-175F and only steeped for 2-4 minutes.
- White Tea can be brewed a bit warmer, at 175F and steeped for 3-5 minutes.
- Oolong Tea is best brewed at 190F, but steeped longer than black tea for 5-8 minutes.
- Rooibos Tea can also be brewed in fully boiling water and steeped indefinitely.
- Herbal Infusions come in so many varieties that there can be no specific guidelines, but you can generally start with boiling water and a 5 minute steep.
|Black Tea||Energizing and rejuvenating. Black tea aids in metabolism and digestion, and is rich in antioxidants which support immune health. Moderate amounts of caffeine in black tea stimulate the nervous system and promote blood circulation. For increased energy, alertness and concentration.|
|Cardamom||Warming, comforting and soothing. Cardamom, one of the oldest known spices, helps neutralizes stomach acid and aids in digestion. It contains a natural anti-bacterial quality that helps neutralize oral bacteria and remedy bad breath.|
|Black Pepper||Stimulating and revitalizing. Black pepper is rich in antioxidants, fiber, potassium, iron and vitamins C and K ,which keep the immune system healthy. Naturally improves digestion and promotes overall intestinal health. Additionally, the outer layer of the peppercorn stimulates the breakdown of fat cells, keeping you slim while giving you energy to burn.|
|Cinnamon||Warming, restorative and uplifting. Cinnamon has the highest antioxidant levels of any spice and is an excellent source of manganese, dietary fiber, iron and calcium. Though often used for its spicy, earthy flavor, cinnamon also supports healthy digestion, metabolism and blood sugar.|
|Clove||Warming, revitalizing, purifying. The sweet, spicy aroma of clove evokes a calm energy that can motivate action. Contains antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that aid in digestion and support immune health. Due to its anti-bacterial properties, clove is sometimes used as a breath-freshening agent.|
|Ginger||Comforting, warming and rejuvenating. Ginger supports overall digestive and respiratory health. A soothing remedy for occasional motion sickness or sour stomach, and a powerful anti-inflammatory that can increase circulation and alleviate pain.|
|Nutmeg||Warming, energizing and rejuvenating. The sweet, nutty aroma of nutmeg is comforting and uplifting. Nutmeg is a rich source of vitamins A and C, iron, manganese and copper and has antimicrobial properties. Promotes healthy liver and digestive function.|
|Orange Peel||Uplifting, energizing and refreshing. The freshly sweet citrus scent of orange helps to clear the mind and brighten ones mood. Rich in calcium, beta-carotene, pectin and fiber, orange peel boosts immune system, supports healthy digestion and helps control appetite.|
In a Martini shaker with ice, add:
2 1/2 oz. Tea Infused Vodka*
1/2 oz. Orange Juice
1/2 oz Half and Half
1/2 oz. Simple Syrup
Shake 15 to 20 seconds, pour into chilled martini glass. Garnish with orange slice.
*Infuse 3 teaspoons of Zhena's Coconut Chai in a litre of vodka - 3 days minimum, recommended 1 week
Fair Trade Certified Indian Black Tea*, Cinnamon*, Ginger*, Cardamom Pods*, Whole Cloves*, Orange Peels*, Nutmeg*, Black Pepper*, Natural Coconut Flavor, Natural Cinnamon Flavor.
* Certified Organic