Write Your Own Review
Tea preparation is a matter of personal choice and preference, but here some guidelines to get you started.
- Black Tea can be brewed in truly boiling water, usually steeped for 3-5 minutes.
- Green Tea should be brewed with water between 160-175F and only steeped for 2-4 minutes.
- White Tea can be brewed a bit warmer, at 175F and steeped for 3-5 minutes.
- Oolong Tea is best brewed at 190F, but steeped longer than black tea for 5-8 minutes.
- Rooibos Tea can also be brewed in fully boiling water and steeped indefinitely.
- Herbal Infusions come in so many varieties that there can be no specific guidelines, but you can generally start with boiling water and a 5 minute steep.
|Green Tea||Energizing, uplifting and slimming. As a rich source of antioxidants, vitamins C and E, green tea boosts the immune system, regulates blood sugar and helps the body maintain a healthy weight. Moderate caffeine stimulates the nervous system and promotes blood circulation.|
|Lemon Myrtle||Uplifting, clarifying and therapeutic. The fresh citrus scent of lemon creates a cheerful atmosphere that inspires concentration and awareness. Lemon myrtle has potent antibacterial properties which induce purification and healing. Promotes immune and digestive health.|
|Stevia||Energizing and uplifting. Primarily used as a sugar substitute, stevia is a natural sweetener that has no glycemic index and no calories. It is an excellent choice for diabetics, those with sugar intolerances or those seeking weight control.|
|Vanilla||Uplifting, calming and balancing. The familiar rich, sweet aroma of vanilla comforts the mind and excites the senses. Vanilla contains vanillin, which has antioxidant properties, and B-complex groups of vitamins that help enzyme synthesis, nervous system function and healthy metabolic function.|
|White Tea||Relaxing and rejuvenating. White tea is made of leaves and buds gathered only between mid-March and early April. It offers less caffeine and greater health benefits by being less "processed" than other teas. High in antioxidants for immune health, enzymes for digestive health and the amino acid theanine for reduced anxiety.|
Frozen Fruit Daiquiri
1 1/2 oz. Tea Infused Light Rum*
3/4 oz. Curacao Orange Liqueur
3/4 oz. Lime Juice
1 tsp. Simple Syrup
1/2 oz. Strawberries
Combine all ingredients in a blender with 1/2 Cup shaved ice. Serve in chilled stemmed glass.
*Infuse one litre of Light Rum with 3 tea bags of Zhena's Peach Daiquiri Tea for minimum three days - one week recommended.
Variations: Substitute seasonal fruit for strawberries.
Fair Trade White Tea*, Fair Trade Green Tea* Lemon Myrtle*, Vanilla Bean*, Stevia, Natural (Organic Compliant) Peach and Lime Flavors.
* Certified Organic